Roukema Center for International Education
Office of Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs
INDIA: Engaging with the Cultures & Society of Northern India
- Term: Spring Break
- Location: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, India
- Credits: 2 credits
- Disclaimer: All Ramapo College students in good academic and judicial standing are eligible. Students of other U.S. colleges or universities are also eligible.
Course Description (INTL 130)
In this unique program, students will visit major historical and cultural sites of Northern India (including the Taj Mahal), gaining insights into the diversity of peoples within the region. Program participants will explore the various issues facing contemporary society and their creative solutions to overcoming them.
[ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS]
- Tour of Historic & New Delhi
- Service Project focusing with youth and families
- Visit a local university
- Visit the Taj Mahal, Itmad-ud-Daulah & Agra Fort
- Tour the magical city of Fatehpur Sikri - one of the best preserved collections of Indian Mughal architecture
- Experience Jaipur, it's City Palace, Hawa Mahal
- Jeep tour of Amert Fort
- Learn to make blue pottery handicrafts
- Tour the Sufi shrine of Ajmer Dargah
[ACCOMODATIONS & MEALS]
Students will reside in centrally-located hotels. All breakfasts are included, as well as some additional meals.
(Reduced Price for first 10 complete applicants = $3200
Program fee includes
: round-trip international airfare; Indian visa; comprehensive pre-departure and on-site orientation; health & security insurance; on-site accommodations; all breakfasts; all excursions and entrance fees; and in-country program transportation.
Program fee does not include
: some meals; personal expenses
| Application Deadline
| Commitment &
$500 Deposit (non-refundable)
| Payment #1: $900
| Payment #2: $900
| Payment #3: $900
: A late fee of $35 will be assessed for each payment not received by the payment deadlines communicated to you by the International Programs Office.
: There will be a 3-day grace period before a late fee is assessed.
Scholarships are available for eligible applicants: http://www.ramapo.edu/study-abroad/scholarships/
Professor Ruma Sen
[FOR FURTHER INFORMATION]
The Roukema Center for International Education
Ramapo College of New Jersey
505 Ramapo Valley Road - ASB123, Mahwah, NJ 07430 USA
Telephone: (201) 684-7533