|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Break||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Winter/Jan Term||2020||10/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2020||03/02/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2020-2021||03/02/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2020||03/02/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
The Roukema Center for International Education Study Abroad Scholarship provides students with additional financial resources for study abroad with the goal of greater access to these academically-rich, culturally-enriching, transformative experiences.
RAMAPO COLLEGE SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD
· Ramapo College study abroad scholarships are available only to full-time, matriculating students at Ramapo College of New Jersey.
· Applicants must be applying to an approved, study abroad program as listed on the website's program directory. (National Student Exchange participants are not eligible for this scholarship award.)
· International Students are eligible to apply, but the committee may request additional information from you regarding unmet financial need
· Applicants are only eligible to receive a maximum number of 2 study abroad scholarship awards during their undergraduate career at Ramapo College.
· Applicants should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from Ramapo College.
The numbers of scholarships per term and award amounts vary according to the strength and number of applicants. Criteria to determine scholarship awards depend on a number of factors, including, but not limited to:
- individual applicants’ unmet financial need as defined by your transferable financial aid package and the program cost (all students are recommended to have a FAFSA record on file);
- Motivation to study abroad as determined by the scholarship essay;
- Relatively competitive academic record;
- Extracurricular activities and leadership, and
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Ramapo College of NJ.
Your program application materials, including references, will be used as additional materials in the determination of your scholarship.
Recipients of Ramapo College institutional grants (e.g., Presidential or similar scholarships) are eligible for special consideration. Factors weighed in these cases are students’ access to alternative funding sources and college strategic and budgetary considerations.
Upon successful completion of your semester abroad, you will be expected as a scholarship recipient to write a thank you letter to Ramapo College and to participate in study abroad events organized by the Office of Study Abroad, including assistance, when possible, in recruitment efforts for future programs.