Roukema Center for International Education
Office of Study Abroad & Off-Campus Programs
London: Culture, Business and Economics
- Term: Spring Break
- Location: London, England, UNITED KINGDOM
- Credits: 4 credits
Minimum GPA: 2.5
Prerequisites: INTL 127: Introduction to International Studies -or-
IBUS 326: Fundamentals of International Business
*Minimum Grade of D
- Disclaimer: All Ramapo College students in good academic and judicial standing are eligible. Students of other U.S. colleges or universities are also eligible.
The objective of this course is to introduce students to fundamental aspects of the business environment and culture in London. This course offers a comprehensive overview of the economic and political environment in London as well as an introduction to British civilization, society and culture.
The goal of the course is to allow students to learn and observe how Brexit has changed Britain, both its society and current business environment for domestic and foreign firms; how foreign multinationals can negotiate this environment; and how foreign firms can confront opportunities and challenges in selected British industries.
This program fulfills international experience requirement of the international business major and minor as well as the international studies major.
- Assimilate knowledge of London within the program's thematic area
- Demonstrate global geographic literacy about London
- Identify and question ethnocentric assumptions through reflection on London experiences
- Demonstrate understanding of intercultural competence through analysis of cross-cultural interactions
[ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS]
- Walking tour of London, Docklands & Financial District
- Guest speakers on Brexit, Wealth Management,
- Business Tour of Wimbledon
- Business Tour of Lloyd's of London
- Tour & Talk of Bank of England
- Visit British Museum
- Tower of London
[ACCOMODATIONS & MEALS]
Students will reside in shared apartments. Some meals are included, as well as a grocery debit card.
Program fee: $3,275 (plus tuition*)
Program fee includes
: round-trip international airfare; comprehensive pre-departure and on-site orientation; health & security insurance; on-site accommodations; all meals; all excursions and entrance fees; and in-country program transportation.
Program fee does not include
: US airport transfers; personal expenses
*Please note, you will be registered for this course for the spring term. You are eligible to take a maximum of 18 credits each semester, so when registering for the Spring term, if you exceed the 18 credit maximum, you will be charged overload credit charges for each credit over. Therefore, to avoid paying additional tuition charges for the spring term, leave 4 credits available for this course. Note to non-Ramapo applicants, if you are not a New Jersey resident, then you will be assessed the out-of-state tuition fees.
|$500 Non-refundable Deposit
|Payment 1: $925
|Payment 2 : $925
|Payment 3 : $925
: A late fee of $35 will be assessed for each payment not received by the payment deadlines communicated to you by the International Programs Office.
: There will be a 3-day grace period before a late fee is assessed.
Scholarships are available for eligible applicants: http://www.ramapo.edu/study-abroad/scholarships/
Dr. Huiping Li
Professor of International Business
[FOR FURTHER INFORMATION]
The Roukema Center for International Education
Ramapo College of New Jersey
505 Ramapo Valley Road - ASB123, Mahwah, NJ 07430 USA
Telephone: (201) 684-7533